There was another blog I wanted to write today, but I felt that I wanted to share with you a tool I use to help me reflect on who I am and who I feel God wants me to be. Psalm 139:14 says: “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
In other words we are all unique, again God made no mistake when He made you. You are exactly who He wanted you to be, but it is up to us to take care of our bodies, our minds, our gifts…..
I started a while back my own unique statements that define me. Some were for a season, but they still seem to fit. I add to them often.
I hope you start a list like this and read it often.
- My life is like an unfinished painting. There is always something to tweak.
- Everything in life is about balance.
- What deep wounds ever closed without a scar? (Lord Byron)
- Our scars remind of us our incredible journey.
- Stop, close your eyes, breathe deeply and relax
- It is not the failure, it is how we turn that failure into our growth.
- Eventually all the pieces fall into place, until then, laugh at the confusion, live in the moment and know that everything happens for a reason.
- When you repeat a mistake, it Is not a mistake anymore, it is a decision
- God makes no mistakes
- A true friend is to is to see all of their magic, and to remind them how magical they are when they have forgotten it themselves.
- Love is that unselfish desire to meet the needs of the cherished object.
- Just when you think you have me all figured out, the seasons are already changing.
- We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.
- I can be a blank canvas some days, but the goal is to end up with beautiful paint at the end of the day all over me!
- Music makes me change my mine from grumpy to happy.
- Be kind to yourself when you think you have failed.
- We cannot control the filters that others choose when they look at us. God made us who we are supposed to be.
- Life is like a piano; white keys are the happy moments, black keys are sad moments, but together, they play beautiful music.
- On days you do not want to do anything else, go to the piano shack and play music loud.
- A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on one another.
- Love can be just a word, but when you find someone it fits, it becomes a definition.
God lays on my heart what to say.